High Creatinine Level 6.5: What Should I Pay Attention to on Diet
Creatinine level 6.5 means that the renal function declines seriously and many metabolites cannot be discharged through kidneys. Except effective treatments, diet also plays an important role in lowering high creatinine level and slow down the progression of kidney failure. So, for the patients with high creatinine level 6.5, what should they pay attention to on diet?
Generally speaking, the dietary requirement of the patients with high creatinine level is low potassium, low protein, low fat, low phosphorus, low salt but high vitamins. But when it comes to the specific food, they do not sure whether they can eat it or not. Thus, here we will list some common foods to tell you whether they can be eaten.
1. Low potassium diet. There are many foods rich in high potassium, such as banana, potatoes, rape, spinach, garlic, leeks, cauliflower, and fresh mushrooms. Fungus, tremella, black fungus, peach, laver and so on. The above foods are not suitable for the patients with high creatinine level.
2. Low salt diet. The patients often are at risk of edema and high blood pressure, so the patients need to limit the salt intake and had better not eat salty foods. Another more, too much salt intake also can increase the burden of kidneys, so they also should eat a low salt diet.
3. Low phosphorus diet. The foods are rich in phosphorus contrating on aquatic product, animal giblets, some dry fruits, sesame, peanut, walnut, honey, yolk and tea. Thus, the patients with high creatinine level had better not eat these foods.
4. Low protein diet. For the high creatinine level patients, they also can be accompanied by proteinuria, so they need to supplement more high quality protein, such as lean meat, white egg, fish and milk.
5. High vitamins diet. Vitamin A, vitamin B2 and vitamin C are suggested to be taken more. And the foods are rich in vitamins mainly concentrates on fresh fruits and vegetables, such as apples, pear, pineapple, watermelon, grapes, pumpkin, gourds, cucumber and so on. You can eat them properly.
For the patients with high creatinine level 6.5, what should I pay attention to on diet? Now, you should have the answer. We hope you can keep them in mind and put them into action. Any questions, please chat with our online doctors.
Depressed? Talk Openly with Doctor.
- Patient Story
- Inpatient Life
patient from indian
Patient from Greece
Patient from Bangladesh
kidney disease patient from somalia
Celebrate lesser bairam with our patients
International department party
Celebrate National Day with our patients
Libyan doctors visit our hospital
Our honor on Health Festival in 2013
Tang M.D accept the interview of Sina
Our Doctor and leader accept the interview of Sina
Here Click to get free suggestions from experts.
A scientific diet helps to slow down the progression of Chronic Kidney Failure, so having a well-planed diet is very essential. Exact food lists for Chronic Kidney Failure patients varies from case to case, as it bases on their illness condition. More......
- Kidney Failure And Vomiting Blood
- Cold Hands And Feet With Kidney Failure
- Stage 5 CKD not on Dialysis : Can Stem Cell Save me
- Can I Help you Relive Skin Itching with Kidney Failure in Shijiazhuang Kidney Disease Hospital
- How Can Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy Treat Stage 3 Renal Failure in Shijiazhuang Kidney Disease Hospital
- Is Dialysis the Best Way for Last Stage of Renal Failure
- How can Patients with Creatinine 12.5 Avoid Dialysis