When you have CKD stage 3, it is important to know what your diet and nutrition goals are. A healthy diet could help slow the progression of the kidney disease and improve the quality of life. Here follow us to know more about foods to avoid for CKD stage 3.
Here we mainly list five foods to avoid for CKD stage 3 :
- Proteins. Too much protein in the diet can burden the kidneys and further damage them. This can speed up the progression of the disease. Proteins in foods like meat and dairy products are broken down into waste products such as nitrogen and creatinine. So meat, dairy products, lentils and pulses and other foods rich in proteins become the foods to avoid for CKD stage 3.
- Fats . Fats are a good source of calories. Use only monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats such as olive oil or safflower oil as these oils are good for the heart.
- Carbohydrates . If patients are overweight or have diabetes, then the foods to avoid for CKD stage 3 will include some certain fruits, breads, grains and vegetables. Your doctor or dietitian will advise you on the proportion of carbohydrates in your diet plan.
- Minerals and electrolytes . The levels of calcium, phosphorus, sodium, and potassium in the diet also need to be monitored carefully. If the phosphorus level exceeds the normal level, then dairy products should be limited. Reducing salt intake helps to control high blood pressure helps the body to get rid of excess fluid. If the potassium level is more than the normal level, then fruits rich in high potassium like bananas and oranges, etc should be avoided.
- Fluids. If patients are suffering from swelling and high blood pressure, then the fluid intake should be limited.
It is impossible to list all the foods to avoid for CKD stage 3. There is no a eating plan that is right for every patient with CKD stage 3. If you need the diet suggestions, you are welcomed to tell us more about your condition by leaving us a message below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org, our experts will surely send you related information back according to your specific condition.
Leave your problem to us,You will surely get the free medical advice from experts within 24 hours!