What effect does vomiting cause for the patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD)? When CKD worsens into serious stage, many patients can experience vomiting that is torturous. Besides, many patients and their families worry about that vomiting can aggravate their illness condition. Is that true? Next, please see our analysis. Any other questions, you are welcome to send them to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will answer you soon.
Why can the patients with CKD suffer from vomiting?
1. The main reason of vomiting in CKD is the accumulated toxins in body, which can affect digestive system disorder. The abnormal digestive system can cause vomiting.
2. Another reason is that the high BUN caused by kidney failure, and ammonia can stimulate gastrointestinal mucosa and cause vomiting.
3. Gastrointestinal edema also can cause vomiting.
What effect does vomiting cause for the patients with chronic kidney disease?
1. Cause dehydration and electrolyte imbalance. Long-term and serious vomiting can depletes and water in body, that is to say, it may cause dehydration. Gastric vomiting can leads to the loss of acid and chloride directly. What is worse, excessive vomiting is easy to cause the disorder of electrolyte balance, such as metabolic alkalosis.
2. Malnutrition. Vomiting can cause the loss of intake of food and poor appetite, which cannot supply the patients’ needs and lead to the deficiency of nutrition. Malnutrition is a main factor that can worsen the kidney disease.
3. Long-term vomiting also can cause peptic esophagitis even anemia.
From the above, we can know that long-term and serious vomiting can lead to a series of health problems for the patients with CKD, though vomiting can help them remove out some wastes from body. Early treatment can help the patients remit vomiting and treat CKD. Compared to western medicines, natural treatments have better effect in treating CKD and remitting its complications.
If you are a patient suffering from vomiting in CKD, you are recommended to undergo some natural treatments. If you want to know the natural treatments for vomiting in CKD, you can consult our online doctors with free.
Leave your problem to us,You will surely get the free medical advice from experts within 24 hours!