Gouty nephropathy also can be called uric acid nephropathy which is caused by the increased blood uric acid and the deposition of urate crystal in the kidneys, damaging the kidney tissues, especially for the renal tubules. For patients with gout, there are many thing they can do to prevent the occur of Chronic Kidney Disease and decrease pains. Here will list some suggestions for gout patients.
1. Low purine diet: foods with low purine such as flour, onion, fruit, milk, eggs and so on are suitable for gout patients. And patients should limit the foods with high purine such as animal internal organs and the brain, all kinds of gravy, sardines, anchovies, mackerel, shrimp, lentils, beans and bacteria algae, whole grains, spinach, broccoli, mushrooms, lentils, livestock meat and so on.
2. Increasing fluids intake: the water intake every day should reach in 2500-3000ml and eating more foods rich in water to increase urination, so that the uric acid can be excreted with the urine, decreasing the damage to kidney tissues.
3. Limiting salt intake: the proper intake of salt everyday should keep in 2-5g.
4. Eating more base-forming foods: the urate can is easy to be melted in the alkaline environment. Patients can eat more vegetables and fruits which contain rich vitamin C that can promote the dissolution of urate, but the vegetables and fruits which are rich in purine should be avoided.
5. No stimulated foods: spicy foods, stimulated foods and liquor & tobacco can stimulate the produce of urea acid, so patients had better quit them.
Gouty nephropathy often is accompanied with complications and symptoms such as urea acid kidney stone, edema, frequent urination at night, high blood pressure and so on. Once gout patients suffer these symptoms, they should see a doctor and have a timely treatment. If patients can have a good control of urea acid level and protect the kidney function well, the kidney damage can be alleviated, even stopped.
We really hope that what we mentioned can help gout patients prevent Chronic Kidney Disease a lot. And if you want to know more about the gouty nephropathy treatment suggestions, you can contact our online doctors, leave us messages or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org, we will reply you within 24 hours.
Leave your problem to us,You will surely get the free medical advice from experts within 24 hours!