For people chronic kidney diseases (CKD), they run high risk for lots of symptoms like edema, urination change, tiredness, poor appetite, sleep problems and nerve problems. Edema is a very common symptom in the kidney disease, so I introduce this symptom in detail.
What is edema?
Edema refers to too much liquid accumulated in the tissue space or body cavity. Edema occurs firstly in the loose parts of our body, such as eyelid, face and ankle. It is obvious in the morning.
What causes edema?
There are mainly two causes of edema. Firstly, due to the damage of kidneys, kidneys can not expel out extra water and sodium, which can lead to retention of water and sodium. This is the major cause for patients to suffer from edema. Secondly, severe leakage of protein in urine also can lead to edema. When large amounts of protein are lost from urine, plasma osmotic pressure decreases, which can lead to edema as well.
How to treat edema or prevent edema’s deterioration?
1. Reduce the intake of salt in the diet, as salt is high in sodium.
2. Eat some low sodium foods, like cucumber, wax gourd, pumpkin and eggplant.
3. Use some prescription diuretics like furosemide. These medicines are helpful, but they can cause lots of side effects. For this reason, it is necessary for patients to consult the doctors before using these medicines.
4. Some herbs like meadowsweet, piscidia piscipula, boswellia and turmeric all can be used to deal with edema, but please do not put them into usage without getting the permission of doctors.
5. Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherpay also shows effects in treating edema, as it can help to improve kidney function. As long as kidney function is improved, excessive fluids are removed and naturally, edema gets alleviated effectively.
Leave your problem to us,You will surely get the free medical advice from experts within 24 hours!