Normally, BUN and creatinine level are adjusted by kidneys and kept in a healthy range in blood. But some inspection reports may show high BUN and creatinine, what happens to the body when BUN and creatinine level are very high?
What do very high BUN and creatinine level mean?
In clinic, BUN and creatinine level are commonly used to measure renal function. The higher of the BUN and creatinine level, the worse of the renal function. So, BUN and creatinine level very high means that renal function declines seriously.
What happens to the body when BUN and creatinine level are very high?
The common harms of high BUN level to body:
1. Cause gout. Some patients with kidney failure can suffer from gout, and the main cause is the accumulated BUN.
2. Damage other organ. High BUN level in body is regarded as a kind of toxin that is bad for other organs.
3. Aggravate kidney disease. It also can lead to further kidney damage.
The common harms of high creatinine level to body:
1. Sodium metabolism disorders. High creatinine level may cause hyponatremia or hyperkalemia.
2. Aluminum, magnesium, copper, zinc, selenium metabolism disorder.
3. Metabolic acidosis. The patients with high creatinine level may experience breath deep and long, poor appetite, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, weakness, headache and even coma, etc.
4. Water metabolism disorders. It is mainly manifested as diuresis, thirst, fatigue, systemic edema, elevated blood pressure, pulmonary edema and heart failure.
5. Potassium metabolism disorders. High creatinine level maybe accompanied by hyperkalemia or hypokalemia.
All of the metabolism disorders can aggravate kidney disease and cause other serious complications that are every dangerous for the patients.
What happens to the body when BUN and creatinine level are very high? Up to now, you should have known the answer. The best way for you is to receive the early treatment that can help you lower high BUN and creatinine level, and slow down the progress of kidney failure. If you want to know the effective treatments except dialysis, send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will reply you as soon as possible.
Leave your problem to us,You will surely get the free medical advice from experts within 24 hours!