Creatinine consists of serum creatinine and urine creatinine and it often refers to serum creatinine which is an important indicator to reflect kidney functions for CKD patients. Persistently high creatinine levels are most possibly caused by kidney problems. See the frame of the service at the bottom right? It is the online doctor, you can directly consult him or her if having any questions about your condition. The service is free.
Causes of high creatinine levels
1. Dehydration or inadequate water intake such as high fever, sweating, diuresis can cause blood concentration and reduced blood flow in the kidneys. Creatinine will increase.
2. Over-tiredness, lack of rest can cause elevation of creatinine level.
3. Urine abnormalities such as long term hematuria, proteinuria can be accompanied by high creatinine.
4. Intake of drugs that have renal toxicity can cause high creatinine which can even be irreversible.
5. If renal dysfunction patients have infections such as cold, pneumonia, intestinal infection, urinary tract infections can increase creatinine level in short time.
6. Badly controlled high blood pressure can cause high creatinine.
7. Kidney disease patients with recurrent illness conditions can have high creatinine levels.
Symptoms of high creatinine patients
Reduced urine output
Darkened color of urine
Swelling around the eyes, in the face, feet, etc
Back pain or waist pain
Loss of appetite
Confused or disoriented
Shortness of breath
Proper diets for lowering high creatinine
Low-salt. If patients only have high creatinine without edema or high blood pressure, low-salt diet is okay. If patients have severe edema and high blood pressure, they need to have strict restriction on salt intake or even no salt in their diets.
Low-protein. Low-protein diets can reduce the production of nitrogenous wastes and relieve uremic states and reduce burdens to the kidneys so as to help slow down illness progression.
High-vitamin. High creatinine patients should have foods that contain rich vitamin A, vitamin B2 and vitamin C.
Treatments to reduce creatinine level
Ketosteril. It is one important non-dialysis treatment for kidney failure patients. It can help lower creatinine level, alleviate symptoms and complications, slow down illness progression and protect residual kidney functions.
Dialysis. Dialysis functions as artificial kidney to remove excessive water, electrolytes and toxic substances such as creatinine, uric acid and urea out of the body.
Chinese medicines. There are many natural herbs and treatments that can help cleanse the kidneys and improve renal filtering functions so as to wash more creatinine and other wastes out of the body. The most famous and effective one is Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy.
Kidney transplant. Kidney transplant can enable the patients new kidney functions.
Immunotherapy. Immunotherapy is the combination of Chinese medicines and western medicines which aims at repairing renal damages and improving kidney functions. It is no surgery and can help lower high creatinine naturally.
If you would like to know more about diet and natural ways to lower high creatinine level, you are welcomed to leave a message below or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org, remember that we are here to help.
Leave your problem to us,You will surely get the free medical advice from experts within 24 hours!