Dialysis can bring many complications to patients, and low blood pressure is one of them. Low blood pressure can lead to the insufficient blood and oxygen in many parts of human body, leading to serious tissues damage. Low blood pressure in kidney is related with many factors. Only know these causes, patients can have a effective treatment to raise blood pressure.
The cause of low blood pressure in dialysis:
1. Hypovolemia: most conditions of low blood pressure are related with hypovolemia due to excessive dehydration.
2. Dialyzate: the sodium concentration in dialyzate is lower than plasma, leading to the hyponatremia which can cause the low infiltration consistence of blood plasma, so body fluid enter into cells, leading to hypovolemia.
3. Weight: dialysis patients whose blood pressure increasing obviously are easy to be attacked by low blood pressure.
4. Blood vessels: patients with unsteady blood vessels condition would suffer blow blood pressure due to atrial fibrillation, pericarditis, endotoxin, infection hemorrhage and so on.
5. Autonomic nerve dysfunction: when the nerve systems are injured, with the lose of adjusting function, patients would suffer low blood pressure.
The treatment to raise blood pressure in dialysis
1. Prevent excessive ultrafiltration: patients should adjust their weight and the ultrafiltration volume should not be more than the 1% of the weight of patients.
2. Increase the plasma osmolality: adjusting the sodium content according to the physical condition of patients.
3. Improve the heart function: patients should try their best to solve the anemia condition to improve the heart function.
4. Stop use of medicine to lower blood pressure: before dialysis, patients should stop taking medicines.
5. Reasonable use of medicine to raise blood pressure.
All in all, dialysis patients can avoid low blood pressure through effective prevention and management. And if you want to know more information about how to raise blood pressure in dialysis, you can contact our online doctors, leave us messages or send email to email@example.com, we will reply you within 24 hours.
Leave your problem to us, we are here to help you with free charge!