If you are a kidney failure patient who will start dialysis soon, you must be wondering the prognosis of kidney dialysis. Actually, the prognosis of kidney dialysis is greatly different from individual to individual and it depends on many factors.
Factors that affect prognosis of kidney dialysis
There are many factors that can produce influence on kidney dialysis prognosis and they are generally include:
1. Cold and Infection: As a matter of fact, no matter a kidney failure patient has started dialysis or not, cold and infection are the leading two factors that worsen his life expectancy.
2. Control about kidney failure symptoms: kidney failure is a severe disease with various symptoms like nausea, vomiting, itching skin, high blood pressure, proteinuria, fatigue and so on. These symptoms affect dialysis condition and effectiveness directly. For kidney failure patients, who brings these symptoms under control usually have a better prognosis than these who do not.
3. Side effects of dialysis: dialysis is a medical method in which blood is filtered by a machine outside patient’s body. As it can not repair kidney damages, once patient starts dialysis, he needs to do dialysis regularly. Long-term application of kidney dialysis will cause many side effects like low blood pressure, muscle cramp, headache, itching skin and infection and so on. These side effects affect kidney dialysis prognosis directly.
4. Dialysis frequency: Usually, the higher the dialysis frequency, the poorer the prognosis.
5. Improper diet
How to improve the prognosis of kidney dialysis
1. Avoid cold and infection restrictly
2. Learn the possible side effects of kidney dialysis and ask your doctors for help to know the proper management about them.
3. Having a change about your diet according to your doctor’s suggestion.
4. Bring all the kidney failure symptoms under control.
5. Start dialysis when your creatinine level becomes very high or when kidney failure complications like heart problems and digestive problems occur.
Prognosis of kidney dialysis can be affected by many factors, so it is differs from case to case. If there is anything unclear or you want to knore more details about it, please feel free to consult our consultant or leave message to us.
Leave your problem to us, we are here to help you with free charge!