Hemodialysis is a commonly used method to treat ESRD. Adequate dialysis can not only help promote the prognosis but also improve the patients’ life quality. However, there are still some complications:
1. Cardiovascular complications For example, low blood pressure, high blood pressure, angina, myocardial infarction, stoke or heart failure, cardiac hypertrophy, etc.
2. Worsen anemia Generally, adequate hemodialysis can help improve renal anemia. However, if this method is frequently used, there will be mild blood loss and lack of iron, eventually, anemia occurs.
3. Infections Long-term storage of venous catheter during the treatment can cause pathogens to breed easily, and the lower immunity may worsen infections. In addition, kidney failure patients or ESRD patients may be infected by hepatitis B, hepatitis C or human acquired immunodeficiency virus, etc.
4. Hemorrhage During the course, measures should be taken to prevent coagulation. And excess coagulation may cause bleeding, which manifest as gingival bleeding or cerebral hemorrhage. Thereby, it is very important to monitor blood coagulation and adjust anti-coagulation therapy.
5. Others Under certain circumstances, allergic reaction can also appear. Such as, itchy skin, skin rash, etc. Besides, in it’s early stage, dialysis disequilibrium syndrome may come into being, which manifest as headache, nausea, vomiting, etc.
As the above mentioned complications may cause much inconvenience to the sufferers’ life, so, it is necessary to cooperate with your doctors actively and seek for effective treatments early.
At our center, experienced experts mainly recommend patients with blood-purification technique to eliminate the toxic pathological factors and create a favorable internal environment. Except for hemodialysis, it also includes plasma exchange, hemoperfusion, hemofiltration, immune adsorption, CRRT. And the good news is that they can help both middle-sized toxins and macromolecular substance out of the body. If you want to know more about this, please inform us by emailing to email@example.com or consult with our Live Doctor immediately!
Leave your problem to us, we are here to help you with free charge!