For the patients with kidney failure, due to their damaged kidneys, some of them may suffer from kyperkalemia that is dangerous for the patients. But a healthy diet can remit the kyperkalemia and reduce the potassium in blood. Next, let us learn how to eat a healthy diet for the patients with hyperkalemia in kidney failure?
In clinic, potassium in blood is over 5.5 mmol/L, which can be called kyperkalemia. And it can cause much serious harm to the patients. In order to know kyperkalemia in detail, you can read the following to learn more.
What are the harms of heperkalemia to the patients?
1. Inhibit the function of heart and even cause sudden cardiac arrest in serious condition.
2. The patients may experience extreme fatigue, muscle ache, numbness of limbs and so on. If the potassium concentration is more than 7mmol/L, the patients may suffer from asphyxia.
3. The patients also have different levels of acidosis and metabolic acidosis that also can aggravate kidney failure.
What diet is healthy for the patients with hyperkalemia in kidney failure?
For the patients with hyperkalemia in kidney failure, they need to limit their potassium intake strictly, and the total amount of potassium intake a day should lower than 1500-2000mg. Next, we will list some foods that contain less potassium and other foods that rich in potassium. We hope they can be helpful to you.
1. The foods containing less potassium have apple, pear, pineapple, watermelon, grape, pumpkin and gourd. These foods are available to the patients with hyperkalemia.
2. What foods are rich in potassium are rape, spinach, tomatoes, leek, orange, peach, strawberry, banana, kelp, beans and some dry foods (laver, mushrooms, dried dates, lily and so on). These foods should be limited for the patients. At the same time, concentrated fruit juice, gravy, tea, coffee, all kinds of meat, potato and coarse grains also should be avoided. And in general, the foods rich in potassium are dark color.
Now, the knowledge about the healthy diet for the patients with hyperkalemia in kidney failure has been given, any questions, you can send them to email@example.com, and we will reply you as soon as possible.
Leave your problem to us,You will surely get the free medical advice from experts within 24 hours!