For common people, the normal potassium level should be controlled in 3.5 mmol/L-5.5mmol/L. When people are attacked by Chronic Kidney Disease, the injured kidneys fail to excrete the potassium effectively. However, the high potassium level can lead to damage to the cardiac conduction function, even more serious, patients may suffer the sudden cardiac arrest. For chronic kidney disease patients with potassium 5.6, they really need a low potassium diet to prevent happen of damages.
Here will introduce you the low potassium diet:
1. No succedaneum of salt, such as bragg's aminos and low-salt soy sauce.
2. Eating less vegetables with high potassium, such as pumpkin, carrot, bamboo shoots, celery, eggplant, cabbage mustard and so on. In addition, avoiding the uncooked food also is important.
3. The potassium level of green vegetables can be lowered through poaching, but the soup should be abandoned.
4. Eating less fruits with high potassium, such as loquat, tangerine, mandarin orange, grape, persimmon, peach, pear, banana, guava, papaya, star fruit, mango, longan, etc.
5. Drinks such as coffee and tea also contain rich potassium.
6. Avoiding soup intake.
All in all, patients should try their best to follow the diet tips. The proper potassium intake every day should be controlled in 1560-2340 mg. of cause, you can to see a doctor for the more healthier diet plan. Now if you want to know more information about Chronic Kidney Disease diet or ask for treatment suggestions, you can send email to email@example.com, leave us messages or contact our online doctors, we will reply you as soon as possible.
Leave your problem to us,You will surely get the free medical advice from experts within 24 hours!