We must select fruits carefully with Chronic Kidney Failure, as some fruits are high in potassium or phosphorus, which can worsen our illness condition and accelerate kidney problem. Pineapple is a common trophic fruit with lots of health benefits, but because of the restrict diet limitation, Chronic Kidney Failure should avoid eating too much pineapple.
Health Benefits of Pineapple
1. Pineapple is high in vitamin C which is the body’s primary water soluble antioxidan, against free radicals that attack and damage normal cells.
2. Pineapple helps to relive sore throats, bronchitis and arthritis.
3. It is a good source of vitamin B1, vitamin B6, coper and dietary fiber.
4. Pineapple contains manganese which is a trace mineral that our body use to build bones and connective tissues. Therefore, eating pineapple regularly will help to build and maintain strong bones.
5. Pineapple is helpful for improving digestion.
6. Pineapple is high in anti-oxidants which helps our body from being damaged by free-radicals which can lead to atherosclerosis and diabetic heart disease and an increased of risk of developing certain cancers like colon cancer.
Why Chronic Kidney Failure can not eat too much pineapple?
1. Pineapple is high in potassium. Kidneys help to keep potassium level in a normal range; however, when kidney function is affected seriously, potassium level in the blood increases, which can cause heart problems and breathing problems.
2. Pineapple is useful for heart patients but it seems to reduce the time taken to coagulate the blood which is not good for those with kidney and liver disease.
Chronic Kidney Failure is an incurable disease and affect patient’s life seriously. Therefore, even though pineapple has lots of health benefits, Chronic kidney failure patients should be careful and get the permission of their doctors in advance before eating pineapple.
Leave your problem to us,You will surely get the free medical advice from experts within 24 hours!