Patient: my mother is suffering from kidney disease and both her kidneys stop function. She is now having 3 time dialysis each week. I am planing to add wheat grass juice in her daily diets because wheat grass has been proved to have many potential health benefits and it can help kidney disease patients.
But I have a question. Because wheat grass contains high potassium which should be limited for kidney disease patients and dialysis patients, so I wonder whether I can give wheat grass juice to my mother or not?
Renal Dietitian: wheat grass is a natural diet therapy for kidney disease patients because it is very nutritious and has high medical values. It can help nourish and cleanse the body. Many symptoms will be eased and illness progression can be much slowed down.
Wheat grass ease symptoms and discomforts for kidney disease so as to improve the patients’s overall health conditions.
1. Improve digestion and poor appetite so as to improve the patient’s nutritional states.
2. Relieve acid reflux and arthritis due to high uric acid in the blood.
3. Alleviate dry and itchy skin, clean the skin and reduce skin infections.
4. Help control body weight and regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
5. Detoxification of the intestines, blood, kidneys and livers.
6. Chronic pains will be eased.
7. It can been proved to be effective at slowing down cyst growth for PKD patients so as to much delay its progression into renal failure.
8. Cholrophyll in wheat grass can help improve red blood cell count so as to relieve renal anemia and help patients fight against fatigue, lethargy, etc.
Wheat grass can help cleanse the bloodstream, digestive systems so as to reduce burdens to the kidneys so that kidney functions can be improved. Wheat grass also help treat infections and inflammations in the kidneys.
Wheat grass is very nutritious and it contains a variety of vitamins and minerals including potassium. Since your mother has no kidney function and she has to rely on dialysis to remove excess water and electrolytes in her body, she need to limit potassium intake or it can cause life-threatening consequence to her.
But that does not mean she should totally avoid wheat grass. Check her blood potassium level and have wheat grass within the healthy and safe dose is recommended for your mother.
Leave your problem to us,You will surely get the free medical advice from experts within 24 hours!