Peach is a popular fruit with multiple health benefits. However, because of impaired kidney function, kidney failure patients need to pay special attention to what they eat everyday. Therefore, if peach is good or not becomes a concern for kidney failure patients.
Healthy benefits of peach
For a healthy individual, the health benefits of peach go as follow:
1. A peach is low in calories can contain no saturated fats.
2. Peaches contain 10 different vitamins like vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin K, vitamin C and vitmain K and so on which are essential for a healthy body.
3. A peach is high in trace elements like potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc, copper, iron and calcium and so on.
4. Peaches can offer us necessary fiber which is essential to smooth and healthy digestion, preventing constipation and ensuring colon health.
5. Peaches contain health promoting flavonoid poly phenolic antioxidants such as lutein, zea-xanthin and ß-cryptoxanthin which can help act as protective scavengers against oxygen-derived free radicals and reactive oxygen species (ROS) that paly a role iin aging and various disease processes.
The above are the major health benefits of peach, and aside from them, peach can benefit us in many other ways.
Is peach good for kidney failure?
Actually, it is hard to give an exact answer about the question: is peach good for kidney failure?. For people with kidney failure, they need to follow different dietary principles and make different changes about their daily diet. Therefore, whether a kidney failure patient can eat peach or not depends on their illness condition very much.
Kidney failure patients usually need to pay attention to sodium intake, fat intake, potassium intake and phosphorus intake.The following is a chart about related nutritional value of peach and for kidney failure patients, they can decide if they can eat peach on the basis of their illness condition.
For people with kidney failure, they are running high risk for high sodium, high potassium and high phosphorus level. Therefore, they are tested to have elevated sodium, potassium and phosphorus. Please remember to eat less peach, so as to avoid worsening illness condition.
Leave your problem to us,You will surely get the free medical advice from experts within 24 hours!