More and more researches found that healthy foods help to protect residual kidney function, reduce kidney burden and delay dialysis. With kidney failure, we can not eat casually as some foods can produce bad influence on our illness condition. Well then, whare foods are good for kidney failure? As for this tissue, here we will introduce 15 foods that you may want to include in your healthy kidney diet.
1. Cabbage: Diet including cabbage not only helps to protect against cancer, as well as foster cardiovascular health, but also break up free radicals before they do damage to our kidney. Furthermore, cabbage is rich in vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin B6, folic acid and fiber, all of which are necessary for a healthy body.
2. Cauliflower: Another good source of vitamin C, folate and fiber is cauliflower which contains compounds like glucosinolates and thiocyanates that can help the liver neutralize toxic substances.
3. Onion: Many seasons or sauces contains a great deal of salt which should be avoided by kidney failure patients. For this reason, patients who are looking to add more flavors to foods can try onions, including white, brown, red and others. Onions are low in potassium.
4. Red Bell Peppers: Similar with cabbage, red bell peppers are good source of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B6, folic acid and fiber. What is more, it is low in potassium, which can help kidney failure patients to avoid further increase of potassium level.
5. Strawberries: Anthocyanins and ellagitannins contained by strawberries help to protect body cell structures and prevent oxidative damage. Also, it is high in vitamin C and fiber. All these make it a good choice for kidney failure patients.
6. Egg white: Egg while contain high quality protein which can offer our body the necessary nutrition and meanwhile produce less urea nitrogen which needs to be discharged by kidney. Egg while is a good choice for kidney failure patients to replenish lost protein.
7. Fish: There are mainly two reasons for kidney failure patients to eat fish: one is that fish contains anti-inflammatory fats which can help to fight heart disease, cancer and lower low-density lipoprotein. Another one reason is fish provides high-quality protein.
8. Olive oil: By using olive oil, renal failure patients’ risk for heart disease and cancer will be lowered effectively. Renal failure patients have a high risk for heart problem due to their special illness condition, so it is necessary for them to take every chance to prevent heart disease.
9. Garlic: Garlic is a great substitute for garlic salt in the dialysis diet.
10. Cranberries: Cranberry juice is a common cranberry product and is always used to prevent urinary tract infection by renal failure patients.
Aside the above 10 foods, there are some other foods that are food for kidney failure patients. If you want to learn more about diet for renal failure, feel free to consult our consultant online or leave message to email@example.com directly.
Leave your problem to us,You will surely get the free medical advice from experts within 24 hours!