Can ESRD (End Stage Renal Disease) patients eat carob? Carob belongs to bean and is also known as Saint John’s Beard or locust bean. Carob has lots nutrition value, which makes it become an important substitute in making various various products such as baked gods, bars, snacks, cereal and dairy products and so on. Well, what are the nutritional value of carob on earth? And can it be eaten by ESRD Patients?
Nutritional value of carob
1. Carob helps to improve digestion.
2. It shows effects in lowering cholesterol level in the blood.
3. Carob is an excellent source of vitamin, including vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C and vitamin E.
4. Eating carob regularly is also beneficial for our gums, teeth and bones.
5. Carob helos to stabilize blood sugar level, which means a lot for Diabetics.
6. Carob fights against osteoporosis, owing to its richness in phosphorus and calcium.
7. Carob tannins contain gallic acid that works as an analgesic, anti-allergic, antibacterial, antioxidant, antiviral and antiseptic.
8. Carob is a good source of protein and mineral.
Can ESRD patients eat carob?
Carob has so many health benefits that it becomes an important part in daily diet. However, for ESRD patients, they need to adjust the intake of carob because of their special illness condition.
ESRD is a very severe illness that can involve all the body systems like respiratory system, digestive system, blood system, cardiovascular system and bone system and so on. ESRD patients are at high risk for osteoporosis and various digestive problems. In view of this, it is beneficial for ESRD patients to eat some carob. However, as failed kidneys can not function well to maintain electrolyte balance, which makes ESRD patients are susceptible to high levels of sodium, phosphorus and phosphorus and low calcium. Viewed from this angle, adjusting carob intake is very necessary.
Exact carob intake depends on ESRD patients’ illness condition very much. If you are happened to be a ESRD patient and want to know how much carob you can eat, please leave your illness condition to email@example.com and we will help you figure out the exact amount.
Leave your problem to us,You will surely get the free medical advice from experts within 24 hours!