Kidney Failure refers to a medical condition in which kidneys have been damaged severely. To prevent further deterioration in kidney function, it is necessary to know about the related risk factors:
After years of research and experience accumulation, nephrologists at our center have concluded the following factors:
1. Hypovolemia Massive hemorrhage, long-term gastrointestinal bleeding, overuse of diuretics, vomiting, diarrhea, severe edema, etc will lead to deficiency of blood volume. And all these factors can worsen kidney damage further.
2. Infections Due to decline in immunity, various infections like urinary tract infection will affect patient’s health. And these infections can lead to deterioration of kidney function.
3. Uncontrolled high blood pressure Whether primary high blood pressure or secondary high blood pressure, they all can cause cramps in afferent glomerular arteriole. In the meanwhile, uncontrolled hypertension can also cause heart failure.
4. Water-electrolyte imbalance, acid-base imbalance The balance of water, electrolytes and acid base are very important for kidney failure patients. Factors like dehydration, overhydration, hypernatremia, hyponatremia, hyperkalemia, hypokalemia, etc will increase the workload of kidneys, affect the blood volume all over the body.
Due to decline in kidney function, symptoms like hyperkalemia, acidosis may also present during the course. Conversely, both of them will aggravate the condition and create a vicious circle.
5. High protein diet If kidney failure patients are still following a high protein diet, the degree of proteinuria would be aggravated. If poorly controlled, there will be more damage to the glomerular basement membrane.
6. Obstructions It mainly consists of two parts, the former one indicate the accumulation of uric acid crystals within the glomerulus, and the latter one indicate urinary calculi, prostatic hyperplasia, etc.
After the above introductions, we believe you have gained a lot. If you or your beloved one are suffering from kidney failure, do not forget that we are here to help. Any queries, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us message below.
Leave your problem to us,You will surely get the free medical advice from experts within 24 hours!