90% kidney failure actually equals to End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD). In such a serious case, many unexpected symptoms or complications will happen.
Kidneys are responsible for controlling blood pressure, keeping balance of acid-base and electrolyte and secreting some necessary hormones. Therefore, once kidneys lose their 90% of their functions, a series of discomforts will occur.
1. Mostly of the patients, no matter they have started dialysis or not, will feel tired easily. This always occur as a clinical manifestation of anemia which usually appears when kidney problem develops to advanced stage.
2. Nausea, vomiting and itching skin: All these three are the most bothersome symptoms for people with 90% kidney failure and they occur because of high toxins in the blood. Many methods can be used to remit these symptoms, but many of them are not long-term solution. These terrible symptoms occur as kidneys fail to discharge toxins from the blood, so improving kidney condition is the most effective method.
3. With 90% kidney failure, patients are also at high risk of developing heart problem and bone problem. Kidney is such an important organ for our body, so once it fails, the other organs will be affected gradually. In kidney failure, heart problem can be caused by disturbance of potassium metabolism and bone disease always occur as a consequence of high level of phosphorus.
4. Muscle cramp: Muscle cramp, especially leg cramp, are common in people with kidney disease. They are thought to be caused by an imbalance of fluids and electrolytes (sodium, potassium or chloride) in the body. In such a case, stretching and massaging the muscle as well as wearing comfortable shoes may be helpful.
5. High blood pressure: High blood pressure has complicated relationship with kidney problem. On one hand, long-term high blood pressure causes kidney problem directly and on the another hand, CKD (Chronic Kidney Disease) elevates blood pressure. Therefore, it is necessary for CKD patients to find out if their high blood pressure is primary or secondary.
90% kidney failure means kidneys have been damaged seriously and can not help patients to maintain a normal life any more. Under such a condition, various conditions may occur. Therefore, taking corresponding medical measures to prevent these symptoms or complications is very necessary.
Leave your problem to us,You will surely get the free medical advice from experts within 24 hours!