Kidney failure is a common chronic disease among the elderly and some kidney disease is even considered to be senile such as kidney cyst. Early prevention and timely treatment is important for a longevity for our beloved ones. Therefore it is very necessary to know what symptoms and signs elderly patients will have when their kidneys are failed.
Besides some typical symptoms such as swelling, reduced urine volume, elderly patients will develop a series of extra-renal manifestations.
·digestive symptoms: anorexia, nausea, vomiting, abdominal discomfort, diarrhea, glossitis, bad breath, erosion or even gastrointestinal bleeding, etc.
·mental abnormalities: lethargy, muscle twitching, delirium or in serious conditions coma.
·cardiovascular symptoms: high blood pressure, heart failure, arrhythmia, edema, pericarditis. Cardiovascular diseases are the major complication and cause of death for elderly renal failure patients.
·hemopoietic symptoms: anemia and fatigue. This is due to reduced secretion of erythropoietin, accumulation of metabolic wastes and toxins, lack of iron, folic acid and proteins.
·respiratory symptoms: patients can have shortness of breath, bronchitis, pneumonia and pleurisy.
·disturbance of water, electrolytes and acid-base balance. Laboratory tests can show low hemoglobin, high creatinine, high urea and hypoproteinemia and other abnormal indicators in routine urine test and blood test.
Prevention and treatment for elderly kidney failure should include the following points.
1. Timely control of primary disease such as high blood pressure, diabetes so as to prevent further worsening of renal atherosclerosis and glomerular sclerosis.
2. Prevent infections especially urinary tract infections and respiratory tract infections.
3. Early rectification of retention of water and sodium and electrolyte imbalances.
4. Diuretics drugs so to prevent heart failure.
5. Have high-calorie, high-quality protein, low-potassium and low-phosphorus diets along with proper supplement of amino acids, vitamins, minerals and trace elements.
6. Prevent cold and infections, avoid over-tiredness and avoid renal toxicity drugs.
7. For those that are on dialysis, ensure the adequacy of dialysis.
For elderly kidney failure patients, natural treatment should be the first choice because they can not afford the risk and additional traumas of surgery. Chinese natural herbs have the functions of promoting blood circulation, controlling blood pressure and blood sugar, preventing and treating infections, diuretics, anti-inflammation and anti-coagulation. It is a very ideal treatment option for elderly patients because it is natural and safe.
Leave your problem to us,You will surely get the free medical advice from experts within 24 hours!