Chronic kidney failure can be divided into 5 stages by calculating GFR. In the early stage of kidney failure, renal damages can still be reversible and there is still great chance to improve kidney functions.
However kidney failure usually can not be detected in the early stage. Because of strong compensatory function of the kidneys, in the very beginning of kidney failure, patients usually have no obvious symptoms or signs. They may just feel tired or some digestive disorders such as nausea, vomiting, poor sleep and poor appetite. But they usually attribute these to over-tiredness and seldom go to see a doctor, not to say connect them with kidney failure.
Therefore it is very necessary to learn the early signs that kidney failure patients may experience so as to have early detection, timely treatment, effective treatments and early recovery.
* Swelling. In the early stage of kidney failure, patients may have swelling (edema) around their eyes, in the hands, feet and ankles. This is due to inefficient removing of excessive fluid in the body. Patients can also have shortness of breath, chest pain, reduced urine output due to fluid overload.
* Fatigue. Patients will always feel tired and weak without any obvious causes or even when they just have some slight activities.
* Loss of appetite. Kidney failure can cause decreased appetite and other digestive symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, hiccups, etc.
* High blood pressure. When renal parenchyma and renal vascular are damaged, blood pressure will be elevated which is often hard to be controlled with conventional antihypertensive drugs.
* Chronic pains in renal areas. Some kidney disease can cause chronic kidney pains such as infections, urinary tract obstruction, polycystic kidney disease, etc.
* Anemia. Kidney failure patients often appear to be pale, lack of energy, this can be due to poor appetite, but one major cause is low red blood cell count due to reduced secretion of erythropoietin by the kidneys. Anemia often make the patients to feel tired and cold.
Besides, other early signs of kidney failure may include sleep problem, urinary changes, muscle twitching, skin itching, metabolic acidosis, etc.
Signs and symptoms of chronic kidney failure usually develop slowly over time, the earlier it is spotted and the earlier the treatment is received the better the prognosis will be.
Leave your problem to us,You will surely get the free medical advice from experts within 24 hours!