What are the symptoms when kidney function is less than 15%? 15% kidney function signify kidneys have lost almost all their working ability, and dialysis or kidney transplant is urgently needed to sustain patients’ life. Kidney is an important organ with multiple functions and when kidney function is less than 15% kidney function, patients will experience the following symptoms:
1. Affected kidneys are unable in excreting wastes and toxins, leading to high levels of serum creatinine and blood urea nitrogen level, which can result in nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, nocturnal urination, decreased urine discharge ad weight loss and so on.
2. Toxins in blood may also damage nerve system and thus cause symptoms like memory loss, poor concentration, epilepsia, balderdash and even coma.
3. 15% kidney function is not powerful enough to expel excess sodium, as a result of which, high level of sodium occurs. This not only elevates blood pressure, but also trigger swelling(edema) which occurs easily in body parts with loose tissues like eyelid, face, inside the ankle, legs, feet and testis for male.
4. When kidney function is less than 15%, excess potassium will build up in blood, causing high potassium level. Under such a condition, kidney failure patients will experience symptoms like abnormal heartbeat and muscle paralysis.
5. High phosphorus level in blood is also a common condition among kidney failure patients. And it is the major cause for patients to experience itchy skin, bone pain, bone fracture and muscle cramp.
6. Involved kidneys will be failed to secrete necessary hormone like EPO (erythropoietin) which plays a crucial role for the generation of red blood cell. When red blood cell count is less than the normal value, anemia will occur and this may make patients look pale, feel tired easily, suffer from shortness of breath and dizziness.
7. Other symptoms: Aside from the above discomforts, people with kidney function less than 15% may also experience excess bubbly urine, blood urine, darkness of skin, bad taste in mouth, insomnia and pain in the kidney location.
The above are the commonly seen symptoms among people with 15% kidney function. Effective management of these symptoms not only helps to reduce sufferings, but also contributes to the tight control of illness condition. Viewed from this angle, natural remedies for these symptoms means a lot for patients. (Please leave message to email@example.com to get further information about how to deal with various symptoms caused by kidney failure)
Leave your problem to us,You will surely get the free medical advice from experts within 24 hours!