Kidney failure, especially advanced kidney failure can cause thrombus and stroke and some other serious cardiovascular diseases which are the major cause of death among kidney failure patients. Xarelto tablets contain the active ingredient rivaroxaban which can help to stop blood clots forming within the blood vessels. Therefore, some people wonder if kidney failure patients can take xarelto to prevent thrombus and stoke.
Can xarelto be used in kidney failure?
Xarelto is commonly used to:
1. Prevent dangerous blood clots in the veins in adults who have had total hip or knee replacement surgery.
2. Prevent the reoccurrence of stroke by people who have stroke history or mini stroke.
3. Prevent the formation of blood clots for people with a type of fast irregular heartbeat called atrial fibrillation.
For people with kidney failure, xarelto should be used with caution. Actually, this medicine is not a good choice for people with kidney disease or liver disease, as these organs help break down xarelto and remove it from the body.
Possible dangers of xarelto for people with kidney failure
1. If a kidney failure patient is taking xarelto to prevent blood clots and strokes due to atrial fibrillation, stopping this medicine will increase your risk of stroke.
2. Xarelto can cause many side effects like dizziness, fainting, headache, nosebleeds, bruising, collection of blood outside the blood vessels, blood in urine, bleeding from the rectum, bleeding in the gut, anaemia and disturbances of the gut such as constipation, diarrhoea, abdominal pain and or vomiting, low blood pressure, fatigue and fever and so on.
3. Xarelto may react with a certain medicine that kidney failure patients are taking.
With kidney failure, we must be cautious about every medicine, because some medicines may cause acute progression of illness condition. And if you want to learn more information about xarelto and kidney failure, please leave us message or consult our consultant online directly.
Leave your problem to us,You will surely get the free medical advice from experts within 24 hours!