What medicines not to take with kidney failure? Kidneys help us remove toxins out of our body. These toxins may come from foods we eat and also drugs we take, so changing out diet and avoid medicines that are harmful for our kidney will be very important for kidney failure patients. Here, we mainly introduce what medicines not to take with kidney failure.
There are several types of drugs that need to be avoided by kidney failure patients and they go as follow:
1. Some antibiotics like Amphotericin, neomycin, gentamicin, kanamycin, streptomycin, tobramycin, amikacin, polymyxin, vancomycin and penicillin and so on.
2. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) like indometacin, ibuprofen, butazodine, aspirin, aspirin phenacetin and caffeine, phenacetin, antipyrine, aminopyrine, paracetamol and naproxen and so on.
3. Some medicines used in chemotherapy for tumor like cisplatin, amethopterin, mitomycin C, nitrourea and 5-fluorouracil and so on.
4. Medicines used to treat epilepsia like trimethadione (troxidone, tridione) and phenytoin sodium and so on.
5. Anesthetic like diethyl and methoxyfluranum and so on.
6. Various intravascular contrast media
7. Other medicines: cyclosporine a, mannitol, mersalyl, heroin, dextran 40 and so on.
Nephrotoxicity is a poisonous effect of some substances, both toxic chemicals and medication, on the kidneys. All the above medicines are nephrotoxic drugs and can cause further kidney damages, so it is necessary for kidney failure patients to avoid these medicines.
Beside,for kidney failure patients, some of them also need to avoid medicines called angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors and angiotensin II receptor blockers. These medicines may help to decrease the rate of decline in kidney function in some people with chronic kidney failure. But for people with severe kidney failure, they should not take these medicines.
Kidney failure is a very severe illness condition in which kidneys can not bear any burden. Under such condition, kidney failure patients should be very careful about medicines they take.
Leave your problem to us,You will surely get the free medical advice from experts within 24 hours!